Forest School is a long term outdoor programme of activities delivered by trained practitioners within a natural environment and whatever the weather! And are tailored to meet the needs of the children as they grow in confidence, skills and understanding.
We believe that there is no limit to what our pupils can achieve and it is our aim to nurture the potential talents of all our pupils and to provide them with the necessary skills for their future. We will provide them with a safe learning environment which encourages all learners to attempt new challenges and take risks with confidence.
Principles and Ethos of Forest School:
The ethos of our Forest School allows learners the time and space to develop skills, interests and understanding through practical, hands-on experiences. It also allows practitioners to step back and observe the children in order to then encourage and inspire individuals to achieve through careful scaffolding and facilitating.
A Forest School encourages children to:
· develop personal and social skills
· work through practical problems and challenges
· use tools to create, build or manage
· discover how they learn best
· pursue knowledge that interests them
· learn how to manage failures
· build confidence in decision making and evaluating risk
· develop practical skills
· understand the benefits of a balanced and healthy lifestyle
· explore connections between humans, wildlife and the earth
· regularly experience achievement and success
· reflect on learning and experiences
· develop their language and communication skills
· improve physical motor skills
· become more motivated
· improve their concentration skills